Funding a Video Project for your Favorite Non-Profit
Many savvy for-profit corporations are affiliating themselves with charities to market their businesses. It helps others while building goodwill for the business. Research shows customers prefer to buy from businesses that support causes that help disadvantaged people in a meaningful way.
Funding a Two Parrot video for your favorite non-profit is an excellent way to help raise awareness about their cause. It also helps them raise even more money because they can vividly demonstrate the difference they make. When the video starts off with a slide called, “Brought to you by (your business),” you look like a hero every single time the charity shows the video. You too can create an entire marketing campaign to demonstrate your intent to make the world a better place.
Why team up with Two Parrot to fund a video? Check out some statistics from the Cone study:
- 41% of Americans say they have bought a product because it was associated with a cause or issue in the last year – doubling since they first began measuring this in 1993 (20%).
- 90% of consumers want companies to tell them the ways they are supporting causes. In other words, 278+ million people in the U.S. want to know what a company is doing to benefit a cause.
- 83% of Americans wish more of the products, services and retailers they use would support causes.
- 61% of consumers are more likely to buy from the company who has made a long-term commitment to a focused issue. Consumer-choice campaigns (aka, inviting consumers to vote for their favorite causes) may be the cause marketing tactic du jour, but at the end of the day – or month, year or decade – consumers still want to know what a company stands for.
- 53% say they like when businesses allow them to impact the donation by tying it to a purchase (e.g., Every time they purchase this product, $1 will be donated to the cause, up to $1 million)
Your brand MUST demonstrate synergy with an organic integration between your message and what they do. Your audience needs to know that you are serious and committed to the cause. The connectedness must be apparent and make sense to your customer.
Most charities today understand that you’re aligning your brand with a social issue to both help people and be more profitable. Hundreds of charities are searching for special businesses to help them in their cause. Cause centered marketing is a win/win for both parties.
We should all leave this world a better place. Two Parrot is here to help you do so.